It has been a roller coaster and not at all what I expected. One of my good friends comments on how different things were a year ago. I can say, I was not expecting to be engaged and two months away from being done at BYU-Idaho, but it has been amazing and I am a better person because of it. Sometimes life knocks you down hard, but God is mindful of us all and sends us those daily reminders of being loved, even if it is through a friend, a song or a cookie. I have so much to be grateful for and blessings that I sometimes forget to count.
My sister-in-law (future) was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago and this experience has allowed me to reflect on life and the tender mercies of God. To see her strength during these past months while she suffers through such an ordeal, truly is an eye opening experience. I have grown to love many and be sensitive to others around me!
Again, I see it in the fifth graders that I work with for my practicum. I see students who live in a life style that I could never imagine. God is so good to me. Even through hard times, I find that I learn the most and that He sends to me, people that I need to learn from. Life is short and sometimes it is hard but take the time to count those blessing and even count your trials and most of all...give thanks.
I want to live my life to the fullest, I haven't realized how fragile life is until people I knew and loved battled for their life. So what?-- plans don't happen the way you wanted---make new plans. Brush things off your shoulder because in the heat of the moment, it isn't worth it. You will realize that seconds, minutes or sometimes days after. Enjoy what God gives.
In closing, I loved President Dieter F. Uchdorf talk in this past General Conference, Of Regrets and Resolutions. It was an amazing talk and made me think. I also stopped to ask myself, Do I have any regrets? I don't want to have regrets in my life. I want to live life to its fullest. I love my religion and that with each and every day, I can do and be better. President Uchdorf said:
"The more we devote ourselves to the pursuit of holiness and happiness,
the less likely we will be on a path to regrets. The more we rely on the
Savior’s grace, the more we will feel that we are on the track our
Father in Heaven has intended for us.....Brothers and sisters, no matter our circumstances, no matter our
challenges or trials, there is something in each day to embrace and
cherish. There is something in each day that can bring gratitude and joy if only we will see and appreciate it."
The gospel is true and a powerful witness to me that I need and can do better. Count your blessing this year and be happy just to be happy. Don't regret what you couldn't and didn't do. Look at what you did do, and what you can do. Be proactive and smile! :)

I spy a Brooke blog. Turn that roller coaster upwards...I hear wedding bells :)
ReplyDelete